Become Energy Efficient and Save Costs with LED Lighting

It takes more than installing solar panels and buying a hybrid vehicle to save money and become energy efficient. The smallest changes in your home or business may ultimately make the greatest impact in saving your money and energy usage in the long run. Consider the light source by which you are reading this article, for example.

LED lighting is an excellent choice for environmentally and cost conscious consumers. Let’s review some facts about LED lighting:

LED Versus Older Lamps

Most customers know that LED lights are more expensive than traditional fluorescent or incandescent lights. However, it’s the quality of their output that makes them more costly. A typical LED light bulb can give off more than 100 lumens per watt, while the average fluorescent bulb only gives off around 50 – 60 lumens per watt and an incandescent bulb emits even less than that.

Did you know that LED lighting actually produces less heat? According to the Energy Star program in the United States, 90 percent of the energy output from incandescent bulbs is the heat emanating from the bulb, leaving only 10 per cent for the actual light emitted. By comparison, LED light bulbs release no serious heat emissions and are compact enough to be used in a variety of applications.

Creating an Energy Efficient Home and Workplace

LED lights can operate with no more than 30 to 60 watts of electricity, meaning it has less of a drain on your home’s electric systems than traditional lighting. It’s because of this high output that the government’s Energy Savings Scheme is committed to installing more LED lighting in homes and businesses across Australia.

But while the government will sponsor such activity, it falls upon private businesses to reach out to residential and commercial clients for going green.

So what do you need to do to become energy efficient in your home or business? You can install, upgrade and repair any lighting setup to operate using LED lights. You can identify problem areas with your older lighting and understand any future risk and potential electrical faults.

If you have an older home, the lighting installation experts at Positive Power Australia recommend completing a lighting audit. This will help you in two ways. Firstly, you’ll know in advance how much time and which materials are required to convert your lighting system to LED. Secondly, you’ll be proactive in mitigating any electrical hazards and risks around the home or office.

Once installed LED Lighting is maintenance free for the next 3 YEARS, that’s right if you are a Positive Power Australia client LED lighting is absolutely maintenance free for the next 3 years. This means no annoying lamps or transformers to replace at all! Very rarely do we ever come across a faulty LED light and if we do be assured that we will bring out a replacement product free of charge. So not only are you saving money you are saving your precious time.

LED lighting is an excellent way to go green, save money and mitigate hazards. Call a professional electrician such as one employed by Positive Power Australia to get started on an audit and learn more about LED lighting solutions.

Connect with Us!

Do you have any questions or concerns regarding LED lighting? What kind of energy saving needs does your office or workplace have? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.